Our most anticipated movie of the year, hitting theaters Dec. 18, “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” gives us new hope.
1. Producer J.J. Abrams Signature High-Tech, Action-Packed Production and Writing Chops
Tempered by Lawrence Casdan, the man who wrote Star Wars Episode V and VI as well as Raiders of the Lost Ark, as co-writer.
2. It’s NOT a Remake, a Prequel or a Spinoff
It’s an all-new adventure in that Far Away Galaxy we’ve come to know and love.
3. Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Peter Mayhew
This guy... pic.twitter.com/60OKAtQhsi
— Star Wars (@starwars) August 1, 2015
All appearing in their roles from the original trilogy, 30 years older but nonetheless faces we love!
4. Awesome New Takes on The Old Tech
From the badass “broadsaber” to advanced new X-Wings and beyond. Let’s just hope they keep the sound effects.
5. A Budget to Back the Vision
— Star Wars (@starwars) August 10, 2015
As a Walt Disney Pictures production, the world of Star Wars will be brought to life with the budget it deserves.
6. Stunning Visuals and Sweet Costumes
— Empire Magazine (@empiremagazine) August 24, 2015
Seriously, the posters and teaser trailers are enough to give you shivers.
7. George Lucas as Creative Consultant
Whether you love or hate the man for his take on the trilogy, having him on the team means a smooth flow between the old and the new.
8. The Visual Dictionary and Incredible Cross-Sections
TIE Fighter specs, Millennium Falcon mods, new vehicle systems and a galaxy’s worth of background brought together in two stunningly-illustrated books.
9. No Gungans! (We Hope)
You either hate Jar Jar Binks or you’re wrong, so there being no mention of Gungans in the teaser trailers or synopsis is a great sign for the film.