By Mary Parker for TVStoreOnline.com
1. Most of the clothes Jeff Bridges wears in the film were his own.
2. The female nihilist that gives up her toe is music star
3. The Dude is never actually seen bowling in the film except in the first dream sequence where he bowls the ball containing his miniature self.
4. The reason Steve Buscemi’s character Donny is constantly being told to shut up is because his character in Fargo never shut up.
5. The F-bomb or a variation of the F-word is used 292 times.
6. The Dude says “man” 147 times in the movie, or roughly 1.5 times a minute.
7. Donny wears personalized bowling shirts throughout the film, but none of them actually bear his name.
8. The license plate of Bunny's red convertible spells "LAPIN,” which is the French translation of rabbit (bunny).
9. The $0.69 check the Dude writes at Ralph's is dated September 11, 1991, exactly ten years before the 9/11 attacks. While he is writing the check, George H.W. Bush can be heard on the television railing against Saddam Hussein.
10. During the cast reunion in August, John Goodman was asked what he thought his character, Vietnam vet Walter Sobchak, was doing these days. He replied, “He tried to join the French Foreign Legion, but they made him work on Shabbos … now he raises pigeons.”
11. Adam Bertocci wrote a version of The Big
12. The bowling alley featured in the film has since been torn down and an elementary school has been built in its place.
13. The word “dude” is used around 161 times in the movie. 160 spoken and once in